Concept maps are a very useful graphic tool for improving results in study, research or work. Creating diagrams online with digital tools offers several advantages in terms of time and customisation.
Are you looking for the right tool to create concept maps for free from a blank online sheet with AI-powered suggestions? Do you want to start with a ready-made diagram and then customise it to suit your needs? Or do you prefer to go from text to map from an online document in few clicks?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you have come to the right place. In this article, let's see how to create, customise and share free concept maps online with Algor Education, the easiest and most intuitive web application for creating online concept maps, customising them in a multimedia environment and sharing them with friends and colleagues in real-time collaboration.
In this blogpost we will look at:
The first step to start creating online concept maps with Algor Education is to register for free at app.algoreducation.com. By creating a free personal account, you have access to the Free Plan, which allows you to start creating and sharing free online concept maps made of text nodes. You have several options for making maps with Algor:
- Start with an empty concept map template to fill in or use our ready-made concept maps;
- Create concept maps from your digital books. On our platform, your PDF or Word documents communicate with the concept map editor on the same screen. In a few clicks you can create map nodes directly from your digital books;
- Use our innovative AI functions to create maps quickly by receiving suggestions from our algorithms. Create maps automatically from text and keywords (in the video below we show you how).
In these guides we have discussed in more detail what a concept map is and how to create concept maps effectively.
In Algor Education you can unleash your creativity in the multimedia editor by editing and customising your maps however you like. Here's a summary of what you can do:
- Modify styles and formatting, change fonts and text sizes, customise concept map node border colours;
- Choose between concept map and mind map layouts;
- Insert images into your concept maps, either by uploading them from your device or by searching for them directly on the web;
- Embed YouTube videos into your concept map nodes or watch automatically suggested ones;
- Record voice audio from your device, insert it into your map nodes and listen to it whenever you want;
- Insert links and hyperlinks to any web page.
Personalisation of online maps makes study more interactive, stimulating and effective, especially for visual learners.
Algor Education is very useful when you want to brainstorm and collaborate with other users on the same map. Thanks to real-time collaboration, you can share material with friends and colleagues and edit it in real time.
Everyone can make their own contribution, or make changes later that will be seen by all collaborators. You can share your concept maps online with a simple link and manage sharing permissions: owner, publisher and viewer.
To print your concept maps created online with Algor Education, you can export them in PDF and PNG format and download them to your device. Each map will have its own QR code that you can scan to access it from any device.
Algor Education is the most inclusive web application for creating online concept maps, tailored to those learners with neurodiversitites. Students of all ages can find the right tools to learn effectively:
- Voice synthesis with karaoke highlighting, available in different voices, languages and playback speed. Very useful to make reading long texts less burdensome;
- Dyslexic-friendly fonts, optimised for reading by dyslexic learners, e.g. LexieReadable or OpenDyslexic.
- The inclusive interface bringing together folders and material is designed to be simple and intuitive, also thanks to the visual impact of symbols and colours.
Speech synthesis, artificial intelligence features, multimedia content and printing are subscription-only features. Check out Algor Education's subscription plans, we give you 7 days free to try all the features of the Basic or PRO Plan.
Improve your study method and learn effectively with the most innovative and inclusive platform for making online diagrams and concept maps from ready-made templates or digital documents.